Friday, April 4, 2014

A Different Swamp Thing Art: Sketchbook Friday




Inspired by a song by this guy:


Fernando Rafael Diaz-deLos Santos is my upstairs neighbor who happens to be a talented musician (and fifth in the world ranked at PBL ROBOTS the card game). Recently, Fernando joined Abbeth Russell and Sighless in the Bumbling Woohas band, who all (more or less) live in the same apartment/building as me. The swamp thing creature above was a watercolor I did of an odd image I had after hearing a part in one of Fernando's songs that he was singing. I do not recall the actual lyrics he used, but often times he just ad libs goofy songs about random things and accompanies them with some wicked electro guitar riff. That particular song reminded me of a two headed Swamp Hag climbing out of a swamp. And there she is.

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...