Friday, February 24, 2012

Sketchbook Friday: The Musical Sword



The Buffalo on the right hand side are in preparations for the artwork I am hiding in the 7th annual Jamestown Miniature Art Hunt. For me, the most notable part of this drawing is the other penciled characters, especially the young lad in the lower left. His weapon is a guitana (pronounced like 'kitana' but with a 'guit' on the front). I explained to the middle schoolers who I was teaching at the time, that those who use this weapon can play beautiful music while doing very violent things. I can imagine a really great animated cartoon based on this idea. In the other drawings you may notice a Final Fantasy 7 reference and a reference to a Lord of the Rings orc.

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

If you want to own some of my work, you can always find great deals on my artwork and stickers at my Etsy shop. Do not forget to subscribe to my blog and never miss another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...