Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mr. Billy returns to the Ava Maria Mural in May



The elderly residents who reside at the Ava Maria Village in Jamestown, North Dakota have been teaming up with me to create a 50 foot, two wall, hallway mural featuring images and scenes from their own history. Together, we have painted local animals, farmsteads, cars, landmarks, and buildings native to Jamestown and the surrounding areas.

This project has been in the works since last year, and has been featured in the Jamestown Sun newspaper multiple times. The Jamestown Art Center is helping facilitates and coordinate this mural event. Members of the community and even my father has come to help paint this gigantic mural.



I am excited to get to spend another couple of days working on this mural and making it even more detailed, and adding even more content.

I will be posting more photos of this project in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking awesome, how can you find any more cool things to draw?

lauryn cary said...

I definitely want to help with this. I know I'll be home Mother's Day weekend for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...