Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perspective...



I wanted to use this layout for a comic for a while. In fact the boxes fading into infinity was in my sketchbook for a while, before I ever came up with what to put in it. It is a bit gimmicky, as many of my comics are, however I feel it works well as a metaphor for life. It serves even as a metaphor for the shortness of the glimpse into my life as an artist. You only see a few panels, and then on the to next thing, and often times the real story would take thousands of panels.

In the end, I'm always asking, "Why do we die?" The fading panels makes me ask it again. Does anyone know? I write a lot about that stuff on my immortality blog Zombie Robot Frosting.

On a separate note, it is gorgeous outside today. Kelsey and I went for a really amazing walk. I hope everyone can have this great weather, and someone special to walk in it with today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gimmicky-schmimmiky. Thats how my brain feels when I think about death, so I think its pretty spot-on.
Also, I really really hope you'll be a part of this:
http://cartoonistconspiracy.com/sushi

Anonymous said...

Gimmicky-schmimmiky. Thats how my brain feels when I think about death, so I think its pretty spot-on.
Also, I really really hope you'll be a part of this:
http://cartoonistconspiracy.com/sushi

William Hessian said...

i am doing it! thanks for the link, im going to work on my submission right now.

Anonymous said...

I can really relate as the days count down to the last postcard I have to deliver! Reminds me of the opening to Star Wars.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...