Tuesday, January 25, 2011

page, carew, gump: minnesotan bunnies




This is a photo of a personalized bearded bunny drawing I created for my uncle Rick. It was his christmas present. Rick is a big fan of Minnesota Sports figures and these three are among his favorites. For those non-Minnesota or non-sports fans the three famous sports figures are:

Allen Page

Rod Carew

Gump Worsley

As an interesting addition to this post I met Allen Page. As a little kid, age 5 I think, I had entered a black history month drawing competition. I drew my favorite baseball player at the time: KIRBY PUCKETT. I won the contest for my age group and I got to meet and shake hands with Allen Page. They also awarded me this really neat plaque, with a photo of my and Allen Page and this neat commemorative button with the picture of Martin Luther King on it. I love, and still have this plaque. It was the first art contest I had won, and was something I was very proud of as a youngster.

On another note, I started a job at the local Staples yesterday. The store, and where I currently live, is in Portland, Maine. My first day on the job while training in as a cashier I talked to a guy wearing a Minnesota Wild hat. Turns out he was from Rochester, Minnesota where my grandma and grandpa live. Small world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three of my favorite bunnies ... at least for now!

Alicia Billings said...

Very nice! Well done, Sir.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...