Friday, March 7, 2014

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtle Attack: Sketchbook Friday


I am an eighties child and the Teenage Ninja Turtles still get me fired up! Just like when I was 10 years old, I am still drawing pictures of them today. I loved the first live action teenage mutant ninja turtle movie, I loved the TMNT action figures, I loved the raw and graphic TMNT comic books, I loved the original TMNT cartoon (especially the pilot episode!). Eastman and Liard sold me from day one with something so radically different and interesting that it became MY thing. And my brother's thing, and all 3 of my friends: see also EVERYONE. In the sketchbook submission on some old recycled paper for this week you can see Splinter dropping in from the top left, you can see Donnatello in a jump kick and Leonardo crouching and doing some planning. A few other ninja rats are kicking butt all over this page. The rest of this page is a mixture of things so random that you would probably have a better guess than me as to what exactly they are. See anything exciting?

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...