Friday, March 14, 2014

Miyazaki's Creatures: Sketchbook Friday




Hayao Miyazaki has been on my mind a lot lately. His recent movie has been on the top of my must-see videos as soon as it reaches the states. Miyazaki also announced his directorial retirement from animated movies, which was a sad shock to me. Miyazaki is one of my all-time favorite filmmakers of our time, and I am very depressed that he is done creating movies. On the other hand, he is working on a new graphic novel which looks amazing! I think he is an incredible artist, and I cannot wait to see what he does in retirement. Meanwhile, his films seem to populate my mind with inspired creatures to sketch on my little sheets of paper. Today's sketch was definitely inspired by the great: HAYAO MIYAZAKI

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...