Friday, February 7, 2014

LEGO BATMAN has six eyes: Sketchbook Friday



"BATMAN has six eyes?" the little kid yelled at me in horror. I thought the kids eyes were about to pop out of his skull. I had to assure him my little sketch was in fact not BATMAN but just a silly guy I was inventing. It took 30 minutes to settle the poor kid down. He gave me those skeptical eyes, "Are you sure it is not BATMAN? Lego Batman perhaps?" The next 30 minutes was a great hypothetical conversation about how much more powerful BATMAN would be if indeed he had 6 eyes instead of two and how great and rare the LEGO figurine of 6-eyed BATMAN would surely be. Work (teaching art to kids) is always a great place for feedback on my sketches. Welcome to sketchbook Friday!


Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

If you want to own some of my work, you can always find great deals on my artwork and stickers at my Etsy shop. Do not forget to subscribe to my blog and never miss another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...