Friday, October 5, 2012

Sketchbook Friday: Squeeze Monkeys and Acid Butterflies


I have a habit of creating stories and random creatures. While cooking last week, my friend Katie and myself invented a whole world of animals that are born from vegetables when the vegetables are prepared. Acid butterflies come out of the onions. Squeeze Monkeys who sneeze come out of the potatoes. Crusty elephants from the garlic. Crocodiles who moan come out of the squash. And hooty owls from the carrots. When the monkeys sneeze they shoot across the world and the owls have to go around catching before they get hurt. The whole idea was cute and magical. This ink drawing has absolutely nothing to do with that story, I just thought I would share.
Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

If you want to own some of my work, you can always find great deals on my artwork and stickers at my Etsy shop.  Do not forget to subscribe to my blog and never miss another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...