Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Message in a Bottle Award

My blog post, Turning Junk Mail Into Art has won me my first writing award, although i co-wrote it with artist Rev K (and actually all i did was interview the guy):

Message in a Bottle Award from passionforletters.com

The only other writing award I have received was the NANO WRIMO winner award. Which means I accomplished writing 50,000 words on a novel in one month and was only based on completion and not an evaluation of my actual writing.

Thanks to a Passion for Letter Writing and Wendy for the award.

If I was asked, I would probably dedicate the award to my father. Since he is a mailman and has sent me over 300 articles of mail in my lifetime, no joke. My dad is a letter writing fanatic, and is the master of using goofy stationary, and completely 'unrelated to the situation' themed cards. I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten "Get Well Soon" cards when I've been completely healthy, or "Happy Anniversary Cards", when I've never been married. It is always good for a chuckle.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this story about your dad! My dad was a mailman too and my grandmother was crazy-letter-writing lady who would write on food wrappers and all sorts of fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words and congrats on the award!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...