Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Evolution of the Monster Cards






These four cards are the latest designs of my card game. I have been developing my very own card game in the last few weeks. Playtesting has been good so far, and I want to print a few hundred cards to send out to people interested in playtesting.

I am very interested in creating some very unique and exciting cards. The current cards are featuring brand new background designs, which I am only testing out. I also plan to clean up all of the boxes and colors. I want to keep a hand drawn look and feel, while still feeling polished and energetic. It is this balance that is proving difficult.

I plan to bring a working version of my card to play at Forge Midwest this April.

If you want to learn more about my card game read 45 cards, or my early posts to see how my cards looked before the fancy backgrounds were added, see the pictures at Puffoid and FlameSmythe and also Inventing my own card game

1 comment:

Kris said...

The cards are looking nice!
I like the 2nd one the most I think, the monster pops out and the background is nice but doesn't distract from the rest of the card.
The top monster is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...