Friday, October 31, 2014

Infected City Shell: Sketchbook Friday



I once played Golden Axe the arcade game with my brother and my dad. Once of the levels, which we never got to, you were fighting as a Barbarian, Elf and Wizard on the back of a floating turtle. The moment I saw that I instantly became obsessed with the concept of creatures so large that you could live on them. Insects, bacteria and colonization have since been fascinations of mine. Similarly, Street Fighter and the incredibly graphics with international stages, really began my fascination with other parts of the world, even as inaccurate and fictitous as they were. My sketches above is just a simple marker sketch re-exploring the idea of a giant creature which is the home to many smaller creatures.

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. You can find information about buying artwork, webcomics, performance art, miniature art hunts and new projects on my fine art website William Hessian dot com. Also like me on Facebook, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...