Friday, August 29, 2014

Fight Foreclosure with Local Land Trusts: Sketchbook Friday



Machigonne Land Trust was started during some of the Foreclosure Forums that I was hosting in Portland, Maine. Land Trusts are one way to Fight Foreclosure and Fight Gentrification of our Nation. The Machigonne Land Trust group is local to Portland, Maine and has made some major progress. Because of my involvement, they asked me to help design a poster for an upcoming event. The housing idea came from an older sketch I did for Foreclosure Home Defense during Occupy Minnesota. I also had a strong connection to the idea that nearly none of friends can afford rent without a struggle. The world is getting harder and harder to participate in and most of this has to do with the capitalist structure that surrounds us. Land Trusts, Squatting Rights and Cooperative Living are a few semi-solutions to the problem. It should be a lot easier than this. Together it can change.


Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. You can find information about buying artwork, webcomics, performance art, miniature art hunts and new projects on my fine art website William Hessian dot com. Also like me on Facebook, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...