Friday, February 14, 2014

100 Not Pokemon: Sketchbook Friday

I was a little too old for Pokemon when it came out, at least according to their target audience demographics. I remember seeing a pack of Pokemon cards at Shinder Card Collectible Store in Minnesota and buying it up. 15 cute creatures later, I found myself racing home everyday after school to catch the animated cartoon (the original series), "gotta catch em' all" my friends. I remember being bewildered by the simple concept of catching and collecting cute animals and battling them against each other. It captured all of my fascinations and I was jealous of all the kids a generation under me who got to grow up with Pokemon as children. Meanwhile, cute creatures has been a constant subject matter in my art and continues even today. Part of me wishes I could design characters for Nintendo. Some days I just pages and pages of goofy non Pokemon. Hope you enjoy them. Gotta invent them all!


Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...