Friday, October 18, 2013

Sketchbook Friday: Invisible Death Shark



A collaborative drawing with Kenny. The shark emerged near the end of the drawing, and seems to have metal teeth. I enjoy the mixture of ball point pen with colored pencils and the sharp contrast mixing with the gentle contrast of everything else.

This drawing was inspired by SnakeFest 2013 an event at the Meg Perry Center where you could play the classic snake cell phone game on a giant screen in a tournament setting. I kept losing the rock paper scissors challenge before each attempt, and my score did not compete with eventual winner Fernando Santos, and Patrick Russell who was runner up. My favorite part of the event was the live music accompaniment and live commentating, which most of the time was announcing each competitor very dramatically as #23 from the Chicago Bulls.

Each Friday at noon I scan in one new sketch or drawing from one of my many sketchbooks. Many times my sketches are ideas for larger projects that you might find on my fine art website William Hessian dot com, or as projects right here on my Bearded Bunny art blog. If you enjoy these sketches make sure to also see my Favorite 20 sketches from 2011 or go back and check out all of the sketchbook friday posts.

If you want to own some of my work, you can always find great deals on my artwork and stickers at my Etsy shop.  Do not forget to subscribe to my blog and never miss another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...